Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Friendship: Elizabeth Style

About 2 years ago, I met Elizabeth. She’s my Soul Mate. It’s not like that. We just share the same soul –fabulous. We talk about everything even if it’s uncomfortable because frankly, those topics make us laugh the hardest. We bonded over our love of pump cheese, ‘that’s what she said’ and making fun of people. All friendships should be built upon such rigorous criteria.

Elizabeth is the type of friend that goes beyond the normal limits of friendship, “I will give you a long hug and smell your hair if that's what's missing in your life. I'm sure it smells wonderful, and that's the kind of thing I'm willing to do for you.”

When you get hurt, she actively seeks justice, “My hatred is strong out in the solar system. My reach is far.”

She puts things into perspective when you feel low, “You should actually be glad that you’re not stuck with him or we’d all be saying ‘That Ashley is with a real loser.’ Doesn’t that make you happy?”

Elizabeth gives honest advice with a tinge of humor to make you feel better, “It's annoying when everyone is telling you things will get better. I will be truthful for you. It sucks, and it will suck, so you should wallow in your sadness and let your heart fill with rage. Eat a lot or take up drinking or smoking. That makes you feel better.”

I hope everyone has a friend like Elizabeth to lift your spirits, lighten your load and share ridiculous moments with. Happy 30th birthday, Elizabeth! You’re not getting any younger! :)



Catie, me, Elizabeth

3 comments: